Offer of Postdoctoral Internship at LEDEF
Start date: September 2021;
Application deadline: May 31, 2021
The Laboratory for Child and Family Development Studies (LEDEF) at UQAM is led by Chantal Cyr, Canada Research Chair in Child Attachment and Development.
The LEDEF’s work focuses on the development of vulnerable children, particularly those at risk or victims of child abuse, and their families. Our work aims to identify risk factors associated with abuse, to better understand the consequences of adverse life experiences, and to identify protective factors that promote the resilience of children and their parents. With this in mind, many of our projects assess the Attachment Video-feedback Intervention (AVI), a parent-child and strength-based intervention that has shown to be effective in improving parental sensitivity and child socio-emotional and cognitive development. Several knowledge transfer activities or research projects in the laboratory also focus on improving professional practices for these families.
We are looking for a postdoctoral fellow who would like to join the team for a period of two years (with the possibility of extension) to collaborate on the implementation of research projects, statistical data analyses, and writing empirical articles.
- To participate in the conceptualization of research projects conducted with vulnerable families, such as those affected by abuse or adverse experiences.
- To conduct statistical analyses testing the effectiveness of interventions or models focused on identifying processes (moderators, mediators) involved in child development.
- To write scientific papers submitted to peer-reviewed journals in English.
- to write and assist in the preparation of scientific papers presented at conferences.
- To participate in the preparation of grant applications.
- Ph.D. in Psychology, or related discipline, with a research component (e.g., Ph.D.).
- Mastering advanced quantitative data analyses methods using SPSS and Mplus softwares.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Have published at least one article in a scientific journal (peer review) as a lead author.
- Have autonomy and interest in teamwork with Ph.D. students of the lab.
Terms of employment
- $35,000 CAD per year.
- Financial support for dissemination in national or international scientific conferences.
- Office space at the Department of Psychology of UQAM (Adrien-Pinard Pavilion).
- Physical presence required at least two days a week when the sanitary context will allow.
- Provide a cover letter (maximum 2 pages).
- Resume (Curriculum vitae), including the list of awards, scholarships and publications/scientific papers.
- Two letters of recommendation, if possible related to research
- University transcripts
- Copy of publications (maximum 3)
Potential candidates will be contacted for an interview.